Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!
Here’s today’s list:
1. I got further on my installation project, and I’m feeling quite relieved about it’s deadline.
2. Although that Shakespeare test was tough, I feel like I was really good at bullshitting, and then I was real thankful that I’m good at remembering history, so my bullshit was a little coherent. I think I’ll be okay.
3. I finally got to wear this awesome red dress that I bought a couple months ago, just for Valentine’s day. “Amanda, I thought you were anti-culture?!” no. nope. I love Valentine’s day. With, or without a significant other.
4. I got off the bus this evening, wearing my red dress, and a boy chased after me and gave me that rose you see at the top of this post because he said he “saw me on the bus, and there was something in me that said I should have this.” He fumbled, and was nervous, and I could tell he really meant every word he was saying, and it made me drop a tear on the way to work because life is working in some crazy awesome ways lately, and I’m feeling so blessed despite this crazy run-on sentence.
5. I’m going on a none-date thing. Greasy burgers with a cute boy.
And just to put my two cents worth of an opinion on the table: I don’t think Valentine’s day should be a platform for one to complain about their relationship status. I’ve been hearing it all day long. It’s all over facebook. It’s all over the street. But I gotta say….so far in my life- my favorite Valentine’s days were spent alone. Taking time out of your life to appreciate and love the relationship you have with yourself is just as important.